Do you want to invest in yourself or your employees? Are you looking to step up your game and become a certified welder? Need your employees qualified for a job your looking at or that you secured? We can help! Superior currently offers on site training and certification that can be customized for your specific needs, along with our various programs.
Introduction to TIG Welding
Held at Saunders Machine Works in Zanesville, OH, this is the public class taught by Roy Crumrine (Crummy Welding) and myself.
- Welding and shop safety
- What is TIG welding?
- Machines and settings
- TIG torch set up
- Regular collet body
- Gas lens
- Cups sizes
- Gas flow
- Tungsten types, sizes and prep
- Feeding filler material
- Gas types and uses
- 100% argon
- Mixed gases
- Mixing your own gas
- Practice TIG welding using a sharpie/pen
- Contact to work distance (CTWD)
- TIG welding- welding drills
- Aluminum welding drill
- Steel welding drill
- Stainless welding drill
- Review of Day One
- TIG Welding
- Alum, Steel, SS Lap welds
- Alum, Steel, SS Fillet Welds
- Small TIG welding projects
- Welding a “die”
- Cut and Etch samples
- Machine shop repairs
- Examples on fixing crashed tool mistakes
- Repairing mis-machining
For more info and to sign up for future classes head over to www.learntig.com
Private Welder Training
We currently offer training ranging from beginner classes to very advanced. All current classes and certification classes will be at your host facility. An example of our classes are:
- Intro to TIG (GTAW) one day course (8 hours). We will start with the fundamentals of welding and general safety. Students will learn how to set machines for various materials, TIG torch set up including gas lens', tungsten applications and proper sharpening, how to hold torch at correct distance and proper filler metal feeding. General knowledge of welding is great but not necessarily needed for this class. 6 students per class max. Great for small shops or maintenance who need a general knowledge of TIG welding. $1000.00
- Intro to TIG (GTAW) two day course (16 hours). Day one, students will start with the fundamentals of welding and general safety. Students will learn how to set machines for various materials, TIG torch set up including gas lens', tungsten applications and proper sharpening, how to hold torch at correct distance and proper filler metal feeding. We begin welding with autogeneous welding on copper and small practice plates. Once mastered we move on to autogeneous welding of lap welds. Filler will be introduced for students who master up to this point. Day two, lap welds with filler material, outside corner joints and tee joints. Small class welding project depending on skill level of students. 6 students max for two day course. $2,000.00
- Into to MIG (GMAW). Two day course starting with the fundamentals of welding gradually moving up to a small MIG project. General knowledge of welding is prefered but not necessary. We will learn how to set up a MIG welder, adjust wire feed speed, volts and gas flow for the given materiel thickness/application, troubleshooting, etc. This class will mainly focus on short circuit MIG and will introduce you very quickly to spray transfer MIG. 6 students per class max. $2,000.00
- Advanced TIG (GTAW). One day on site course. Knowledge of TIG welding in necessary. We will dive right into advanced settings (pulse, background current, AC balance, AC frequency, etc), learn how to weld thin materials such as Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum, uses for chill blocks, back purging and its applications. $1,000.00
- Intro to Stick (SMAW) One day on site course (8 hours).
- Weld Purge Chamber Welding. One day on site course (8 hours). Using one of our 36" inflatable or 36" hard weld purge chambers we teach students how to set up their welding chambers properly and show tricks on getting better weld results. We review proper material prep, chamber cleaning and set up, proper chamber filling practice, purge monitor use and troubleshoot based on various weld results inside chamber. We will provide stainless steel and titanium weld coupons for each student but it is always best for customer to provide sample weldments that will be welded on for best results from training. 3 students max per course. Argon gas provided depending on location. $1,500.00
- Advanced Process Training. Hourly rate, unlimited students. Did you purchase a new welder but don't know how to use some of the more advanced features? Maybe pulse, pulse on pulse, CMT, RMD, STT has your employees baffled? Need help setting the machines up for your application? Looking for better results or a solution to a problem? We can help here as well. With our years of experience and knowedge of these processes we can come in and show your employees how to use these advanced features and maxamize on your new investment.
We offer on site welder certification and qualifications. This saves your company valuable time sending your employee out to get testing. General tests usually take around 4-8 hours to complete and the results are back to you in just days. We can help set up your procedure and you will be provided with your PQR and WPS where applicable. We can provide practice plates/pipe for each person as well as the final testing plates/pipe. Stands and filler materials can also be provided. We can also rent machines for the test(s). We commonly spend a day training welders on passing their specific tests. This is a valuable investment since tests can become quite expensive if failed, especially multiple times. We being in our own specimen bender for the practice coupons to verify the welder is ready to take their final test. Please contact us for your specific needs.
$125.00/hr plus materials 4 hour min. including transport time. Hourly rate includes up to 6 welders being tested.
Training to AWS D1.1, API 1104 and/or ASME.
Contact us for more details.